Coming back from my hiatus for today’s Top Ten Tuesday, a book blogging meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is “Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 – bookish, blogging, or otherwise!”
These weren’t too difficult for me to come up with.
1. Post at least two book reviews per month. That works out to one about every two weeks – and I think that’s doable. I might up the goal in the summer, just because I’ll have so much free time. But for now, this sounds good.
2. Read all the books on this checklist, which I found on tumblr! I think this will be a fun challenge, and it might lead me to some real gems.
3. Meet my Goodreads book goal for the year again. I think I’m going to up it to 125 this year instead of just 100!
4. Read more nonfiction, especially all the books I checked out at the library about the 1890s, which is going to be the basis for my historical fiction NaNoWriMo novel next year.
5. On that note… win NaNoWriMo again!
6. And on THAT note… manage to get the creative writing club started up at our school! Some of my students asked me to be the advisor, and we’re having a call-out meeting in January. My goal is for this club not to fail.
7. Similarly: keep the book club going at my school! I ran it solo for the first time at our last meeting, and I can only hope that the meetings will continue to go successfully and students will keep showing up, reading to pick and read great books.
Those are all my book/blogging goals, so moving on to LIFE goals:
8. Move out of my parents’ house and into my own apartment by the end of June.
9. Travel to Canada to visit my friends at least twice.
10. Try to always look on the bright side of life! Stay optimistic, try to be happy, and as one of my students told me in her farewell email at the end of last semester: “don’t let anyone dull [my] sparkle!!!!!!!!”
What are your goals for the next year? It’s quickly approaching, so THINK FAST.