It’s a bit late in the evening, but I still wanted to participate in this week’s theme: top ten blogging confessions! I’m going to keep them short and sweet.
1. I change around the order of my queued reviews all the time, usually because I’ve written on my “Reviews” page that a certain book review will be posted first but I haven’t written it yet.
2. I have been trying not to post too many reviews in a row because seeing “Review: [Title]” in my right sidebar too many times annoys me.
3. When I go to the library, I immediately go to the “New Releases” shelf and typically check out everything that’s been released within the past two months, just so I have something to review, no matter what the book is about or if it looks interesting to me (and then usually I won’t read half of them, but at least I have the option).
4. I’ve been considering starting a new segment that highlights area bookstores but I’m afraid I’d run out after maybe three posts.
5. I follow a lot of book blogs and I try to read their reviews as often as possible, but if the first few words don’t catch my attention on my dashboard, I don’t bother.
6. Sometimes I’ll have a draft of a post open in a tab for weeks before I actually get around to finishing it.
7. Poor font choice kills me so I’m overly anxious about all of the fonts on my blog – all the time. Even covers with bad fonts make me want to pass up reviewing them because I don’t want the photo of the cover on my blog.
8. In reality, I have very few followers (just 59 right now) and I wish I had more, but I don’t know what I can do to increase traffic. Still, every time I remember that there’s the potential for 59 people to read one of my book reviews, it blows me away.
9. I want to write a post about my senior honors thesis but I’m worried it won’t be interesting to anyone but me.
10. I never thought I’d enjoy book blogging so much!
Feel free to share your own blogging confessions with me below! Or post your own Top Ten Tuesday (just remember to link back to The Broke and the Bookish).